Monday, September 22, 2014

Folktales: Tall Tales

Elephant Post 6 - 3rd Grade 2014

**Reminder, leave a comment, for tickets in class**

3rd graders are enjoying Folktales!  Last week, we read Fairy Tales.  This week will be looking at Tall Tales, Fables, Myths, and Legends.  We are creating a poster in class in order to define all of these types of stories.  When we are finished, I will upload it onto the blog. 

Tall Tales:

  Paul Bunyan


John Henry


1) What is a Tall Tale?
2) How are these two Tall Tale Characters similar?
3) What are the characters' exaggerated features?
4) How could you be a Tall Tale Hero?

Thanks!!
~ Ms. Lightfoot

8 comments:

  1. i like this story from elephant7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great, isn't it? I like how they say he was born with a hammer in his hand. Why do you think they say this?

      Delete
  2. My dad andmom liked paul bunin
    elephant6

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the math games with multiplication

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do? That's wonderful! I'm glad that you're practicing your math skills and having fun at the same time. :-)

      Delete
  4. 1. A tall tale is a story with a happly ever after
    2.They like to be outside and take challenges
    3. John Henry is strong. Paul Bunyan is very big.
    4. Elephant 17 - I would be super fast as a lightening bolt. Elephant 12 - I would be strong as a gorilla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't use my Vedios ms light foot, can you tell me the problem? From elephant 18

    ReplyDelete