Thursday, November 8, 2012

Presidental Election 2012!!

WOW!!  I have been very impressed with these third graders. 
They were quite the citizens and were so eager to learn about Democracy. 
The Elephants

The Honeybees

For the past couple of weeks, we have been getting excited and ready for The Presidental Election by....
- Researching the candidates' biographies and the election process in the computer lab
- Watching videos about the election in the computer lab/classroom
- Student-Power teaching from the Social Studies Book
- Cooperating in Group Discussions on The Election Process
(Their questions even had me thinking, so I had to catch up on my research!)
- Creating Uncle Sam Hats to show knowledge while saying,
"I want you to VOTE!"
- Creating Haiku Poems to show knowledge
(3-Lined Poem with 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. I will upload a close-up of these soon!)
- Creating election probability graphs and acrostic poems based on classroom results (in Mrs. Green's math class)
- Participating in a School-wide Vote on Election Day in the library
- Wearing Red, White, and Blue on Election Day
- Eating lunch in the classroom on Election Day
(Some students chose to spend their good behavior tickets on the event)

- Reflecting on the results after the election by viewing the electoral votes for each candidate and reading the newspaper of President Obama's Re-election

I hope your children were able to teach you something! 
I have enjoyed reading the notes and comments from you sharing what they taught you!

Enjoy the pictures :-)
Haiku Poems



Bulletin Boards


Researching Candidates




Watching a Video and Power Teaching 
on Election Campaigning and Process






VOTING!!!





Reflecting on Results




~ Ms. Lightfoot

15 comments:

  1. Very Nice.

    Mrs. Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool pictures





    -chelc

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pictures love naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making them cool pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those donuts must be YUMMY! love naomi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the election pictures and i voted to try to gust how i voted for?olivia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi mrs.Lightfoot,its Saeed I was on the blog and went to pebble go,I looked at the biogrighies on presidents.I also looked at the new pictures that you put.I realy like being in your class because you are very fun with the students. Sincerly Saeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thank you mslighfoot because now i learn something new about squanto every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Saeed, Ian, Naomi, and Olivia! I'm glad that you guys love the blog and like Pebblego!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Macie! I'm so glad that you learn something new every day about Squanto. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the flags! They looked very very very very very very very very very very very very very very awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let's do that this year! It would be so so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What are the bagels or donuts for?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's use them, too! Bring extras okay?

    ReplyDelete