Friday, November 2, 2012

Pumpkin Exploring ~ 5 Senses!


Hello!

Your child is a poet
And I bet you didn't even know it

This week we have been studying Poetry!  Poetry creates *IMAGERY* using the 5 Senses.  First, we went out to The Habitat to explore our pumpkin and recorded what it smelled like, felt like, looked like, sounded like, and brainstormed taste through foods made from pumpkins.  Then, students turned their notes into rhyming poems.  Now, students are in the process of creating their final draft!

Habitat










Poem Writing



~ Ms. Lightfoot



14 comments:

  1. LOVE THE PICHERS.JOANNA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new pictures and the pumpkin pictures are so fffuuunnnyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures ms. lihtfoot. from andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mr lightfoot this is ___ im in the picture and i like that your boing on

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mrs lightfoot i love this blog bye from keoni

    ReplyDelete
  6. im ej how are you ms.lightfoot im eric meledez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mslightfoot reading is so fun when you teach it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ms.lighfoot I like the pichers. form Brigette

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi ms.lightfoot i like the pictures that you put on there.

    by:jayden

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi mslight foot I love yor class from brodan

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi ms lightfoot i had a great today from reece

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ms.lightfoot i went on contex clue games. I was going to go to google earth but my mom said i cant downlod it.I also got 10 out of 10 on the contex clue game. i also wanted to tell you that my friend melinda gets to come over at 3 oclock that was my good news.I also got a 105 on my 8's test and including the bonus and that was 5 points.It was nice talking to bye!olivia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Joanna, Andrew, Keoni, EJ - Eric, Brigette, Jayden, Brodan, and Reece! Thank you for your comments that you left in the computer lab!! I'm glad that you are loving the blog, the class, and the pictures :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Saturday Olivia! You have been a BUSY girl! I love that you are having so much fun on the games...Congrats on all of your high scores! Have fun with your rriend :-) I'll see you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete